A couple of months ago I purchased Biologique Recherche’s Crème Masque Vernix from Rescue Spa. If you’ve read some of my other posts, you know what a fan I am of Biologique Recherche. It’s such an effective brand and the products I’ve tried always do what they say they will.
Here are the claims that Biologique Recherche makes of Crème Masque Vernix:
- Powerful healing properties thanks to being rich in lipids, proteins, and antioxidant peptides
- Balances the PH of the skin while inhibiting bacterial growth
- reconditions and strengthens stressed or deficient skin
- repairs the DNA of skin cells damaged by UV rays
- minimizes the signs of aging
Here are some of the reasons it has reached holy grail status in my routine:
- When pores show up on my cheeks some mornings, I use this mask for ten minutes and they disappear again. It has never failed.
- You can use it as a mask or a cream. Sometimes I use it as my moisturizer on days when my skin is really struggling (i.e. dry, rough, dull).
- It hydrates without being greasy.
- Recently I tried a 14-day peel that was much too strong for my skin type. I only got seven days into it when it was clear that I had to stop. My skin was peeling around my mouth, there was unflattering texture on my cheeks and center of my forehead, and my skin was a lot drier. I used Masque Vernix two days in a row and my skin was ninety-five percent back to normal.
The negatives of this product:
- It costs $190. Ouch.
- It smells like rotten, putrid bananas.
In my opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons. This is definitely a product I will continue to repurchase!