When I was in fifth grade, our class got a new transfer student–let’s call her Brenda. One of my best friends, Erin, was instantly obsessed with Brenda because Brenda came from a school that Erin’s crush attended. Erin always wanted to hang out with Brenda to ask questions about this boy, to talk about this boy, to relay info to this boy.
I did not like this.
Erin was my friend and Brenda thought she was just gonna come in and replace me?! No. I would shoot dirty looks at Brenda, ignore her–just be an all around jackass toward her. Then one day Erin said to me, “You’re being weird about Brenda.” And ten-year-old Kristin responded, “I’m being weird?! I’m being weird?! Me?!”
And then I thought, wait bitch, I am being weird.
It was then that I became aware of my possessiveness–and, no, it hasn’t subsided. What can I say–Venus was in Scorpio when I was born. But, I have kept the crazy under lock and key since then. Mostly.
I’m having to push the crazy way down deep to share this artist with you guys.
No–she’s not. Everyone should get to enjoy her work and I have to share her with you because her abstract artwork is stunning. Her name is Boriana Mihailovska. I first found out about Boriana’s art from one of Gemary’s YouTube videos. I’m also obsessed with Gemary, but that’s for another blog post!
Look at these drawings! I can’t wait to get a third one to complete this little area in my bedroom. I dare you to check out her Etsy store and not fall in love with something. But like…something else other than the ones I bought. Don’t make me shoot you dirty looks and give you the silent treatment.
Do you like these art pieces? What’s your favorite style of art? Anyone else born while Venus was in Scorpio? Let’s commiserate!
I have a hard time making decisions about things I like when I’m shopping. This leads to me buying everything I like, then returning ninety percent of my purchases later. Not a good system, but I’m working on it. I’m also working on buying less by way of only buying things that I love certainly, one hundred percent. Here are the things I bought in January that made the cut.
1. The Nest Diffuser in the grapefruit fragrance. I love a good citrus scent, and this one is very powerful. It scents a large room or foyer. Mine was too strong for the room I put it in, so I had to remove some of the reeds, and that fixed the (fancy) problem!
2. I have very curly and very ornery hair. It don’t listen to nobody, including me. But at least now it stays moisturized! The scent on this is kind of earthy and the texture is pretty thick and nourishing.
3. I’ll be honest with you here and admit that I can’t resist snakeskin. You can give me almost anything snakeskin, and I’ll probably flip over it. I did with this pillow from Zara Home. I bought it in the sale and it was only $5.90. Six dollars! It does have a white back to it, which I was skeptical about initially, but it just doesn’t make a difference when it’s sitting on my chair. I don’t even see it.
4. Whoo boy, this candle is strong! It scents a small room even when it’s not lit. It smells immediately of plums and peonies but has a deeper, slightly masculine base. And the packaging–I live for the packaging.
5. Where do I even start? Black matte silverware! These have made my dinner parties (i.e. cheese and wine parties with my friends) so chic. Everyone who has seen them buys them for themselves. Seriously. Except my mom. She thinks they’re ridiculous. Hey, you can’t please everyone!
Do you have any of these items? What are some of your favorite things you bought last month?