A couple of months ago I purchased Biologique Recherche’s Crème Masque Vernix from Rescue Spa. If you’ve read some of my other posts, you know what a fan I am of Biologique Recherche. It’s such an effective brand and the products I’ve tried always do what they say they will.
Here are the claims that Biologique Recherche makes of Crème Masque Vernix:
- Powerful healing properties thanks to being rich in lipids, proteins, and antioxidant peptides
- Balances the PH of the skin while inhibiting bacterial growth
- reconditions and strengthens stressed or deficient skin
- repairs the DNA of skin cells damaged by UV rays
- minimizes the signs of aging
Here are some of the reasons it has reached holy grail status in my routine:
- When pores show up on my cheeks some mornings, I use this mask for ten minutes and they disappear again. It has never failed.
- You can use it as a mask or a cream. Sometimes I use it as my moisturizer on days when my skin is really struggling (i.e. dry, rough, dull).
- It hydrates without being greasy.
- Recently I tried a 14-day peel that was much too strong for my skin type. I only got seven days into it when it was clear that I had to stop. My skin was peeling around my mouth, there was unflattering texture on my cheeks and center of my forehead, and my skin was a lot drier. I used Masque Vernix two days in a row and my skin was ninety-five percent back to normal.
The negatives of this product:
- It costs $190. Ouch.
- It smells like rotten, putrid bananas.
In my opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons. This is definitely a product I will continue to repurchase!
I first heard of Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 on Into the Gloss. I read about it. I wasn’t convinced. I researched other reviews on other sites. Still wasn’t buying the level of hype surrounding this product. Here’s something you should understand about me: if a brand is French, I’m gonna try it. So I caved and ordered the travel size of the Lotion P50V 1970.
I’ll be honest–I’ve never had any major issues with my skin, the most problematic being how dry it was. I also had some slight texture on my cheeks. The first week of using Lotion P50V, the dryness disappeared but my skin looked more textured. I kept using it because it was a huge relief to have moisturized skin all day. Also, I know that some skin care products make your skin worse before it gets better. This was my experience with P50V. About two weeks later, I looked in the mirror and was pleasantly surprised at how plump and healthy my skin looked. The little texture I did have on my cheeks had disappeared, and my skin was smooth and glowing. I kept using it. My skin continued to look beautiful.
I sang it from the rooftops. I told all my friends and my mom to buy this stuff! I harassed them until they tried it. They picked the Lotion P50 that was right for their skin type, and they were converts, too. Seriously, this stuff has changed my skin. I haven’t searched for a heavy moisturizer in almost year, because it’s no longer necessary. The moisturizers I used to use are too much now.
As long as my skin keeps responding to Biologique Recherche’s Lotion P50V, I’m going to keep obsessively stocking my bathroom with it. I buy mine from Rescue Spa. They have a travel size, which is what I ordered first because I didn’t know if I’d like it and didn’t want to waste money.
Let me know if you’ve tried Lotion P50 and your experience with it!